Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Solace and Pain

I don't know how some of the other Spiritual Widows feel and I wanted to get something posted that truly expressed the depth of my hurt and raw emotion today.


I googled solace and pain and found some lyrics by Matt Nathanson. 


These lyrics are from his song Lie

They hit the nail on the head in so many areas of my life. I know God can and does heal our hurts, but sometimes we need to have an outlet to express them. This is my outlet for today:


I don't feel much like talking to you tonight
I'd rather not let you twist my words around again until they
give you something to feel
I would rather keep my distance, thank you very much
What do you want? Do you want my apologies?
Do you want me to tell you I'm wrong? Because I won't
I won t feed your melodrama and I won t be a part of your game
But thank you very much
Please fix your own lie before you start attacking mine
You can call me your friend if that s the kind of security that you need
We all look for it in different ways
Just don't persecute me, thank you very much
Please fix your own lie before you start attacking mine
don't you see that I will be all that you want me to be
don't you see that I will be all that you envisioned me to be
But I refuse to be raped
Until I confess all that you want me to hear
Then consoled and told that it will be alright
Because it s not all right, I don't have the energy and I don't
have the strength 
To take on your emotional weight
So please fix your own lie before you start attacking mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please share this blog with others you may think will find this useful in their journey as a Spiritual Widow or orphan.