Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Amazing grace!!!

Brothers & Sisters in Christ,

I'm here to talk about the feelings I have in my family and have had throughout my life. I have been physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually abandoned. This is quite a bit in one child's life, isn't it? You see, I am a spiritual orphan. My mother left me when I was only ten years of age and now, it feels that I have been spiritually abandoned by my father. He is here physically, but he is making choices which make him not available spiritually. Now I have a wonderful mom who so boldly took the role of a mother figure in mine and my sister's lives.

I know there are so many boys/girls my age, who are nearing adulthood who feel it is best to keep their emotions hidden away from the world. To be very honest with you, I do as well. I feel its' best not to show emotion when things are getting rough, especially when it comes to sadness, because with sadness comes tears.

Before tonight, I felt that no way in heck would I ever show my deepest sorrow or emotions to anybody in my church, much less the youth pastor's wife. But I tell you what my brothers, sisters: GOD works wonders in many ways. Never doubt God works wonders and powers, because he will work miracles in your life.

Tonight, like any other teenager with younger siblings, I got "ratted out". I was texting on my phone during school hours which goes against my families rules. When my sibling tried to tell me that my mom would find out, I irrationally told my sibling, "I can just erase my message." Of course, whatdoes my adorable sibling tell my mom?

So while at my youth group, my mom texted me and told me she was disappointed in me and that she wanted my phone when I got home. and she explained why she was taking my phone. At that moment, I had such foul thoughts going through my mind about that younger sibling of mine. I had thoughts no older sibling should never have about a younger one, but I did. A few minutes later, my youth leaders wife came up to me and asked why I was not playing the youth game. I told her I wasn't feeling well (which was true at the time), and for some reason I was urged to ask her a question. From that point on we started talking about things in my life that were happening, how I felt so worthless and such a burden to my family. She told me that I was not a burden, nor was I worthless. She told me that possibly the Heavenly Father was putting these things in my life in order to reach out to peers that are going through the same thing in their lives as I am in mine, and I cried. All the tears I had held in for so long, came pouring out of my eyes. We talked for an hour straight, my youth pastors wife and I. During that time, all the tears came flowing out.

I know now that God has not left me at all. I know that he would never leave me, nor would he leave anybody. Through the strangest of ways, God can perform miracles in our lives; all we have to do is allow him to work in us.

Your sister in Christ,

Etcetera

(P.S. May God bless all your lives, and may you allow him to work wonders in them)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please share this blog with others you may think will find this useful in their journey as a Spiritual Widow or orphan.